Tuesday, July 3, 2012

BORN ON THE FOURTH OF JULY.

so its americas birthday and i am possibly in the best city ever to celebrate it (boston) and im not working so i have the day free to sparkler and firework it up with the tobester and our manimals. good times. my head however is in michigan due to some news i received that my only living grandparent, my grandfather seffens, was just diagnosed with blood cancer. for those of you who dont know i loved all of my grandparents fiercely and i really dig old people in general. if you are jerky to old people you really shouldnt have breathing space, they have seen everything and lived through it and we are going to be there someday hating life too. so respect fool.
grandpa seffens is a veteran of world war II. he doesnt like to talk about it, the one time he spilled to me he just said "i went to italy with all my friends and i was the only one who came back. i dont know why i came back and no one else did. why me and not them?" that sums up his opinion on his time in the war.
he is 86, lives in an old farmhouse in northern michigan and he used to take me to the legion hall when i was young. it was awesome.
this fourth of july is dedicated to my grandfather louis seffens whom i love dearly. i want him to get better.


my grandfather. hes amazing.

where i spent my childhood.

160 acres of woods. 

the farm house. i need a sabbatical. 

michigan.

imagine a psychedelic summer camp photo shoot here. anyone?



No comments:

Post a Comment